Guidelines for Summer 2013 Driver Education:
Driver's Education Basic Information for Enloe HS 2012-2013:
- Enloe's 2012-2013 Driver Education classes are listed on the Enloe calendar by dates
- Registration forms are available in the main office, student services and Here:
Registration Form 2012-2013 (PDF)
Please contact Mrs. Emma Haynes, room 2712 if you have questions.
- Return completed registration forms to the main office or to student services. You will be notified when accepted to class. You do not pay for class until you receive notification of acceptance to class.
Click here for May 2013 Class List
Eye Examination Schedule:
Mr. Graham Broadwell, DMV representative, is scheduled to visit Enloe driver education classes to check the eyes of the students. If you were in a previous class and had a medical form issued to you or an 804 form to take to your eye doctor, you are encouraged to come back to class on one of these dates to update your paperwork. Please inform Emma Haynes when you plan to come to get your eyes rechecked. Students cannot drive until all vision examination paperwork is complete and signed by Mr. Broadwell.
Behind the Wheel Training:
Please be patient as we attempt to drive students as quickly as possible. When you are called, please remember to write down:
- Driving schedule (what time and where to meet),
- Where to meet your driver and where to be picked up at the end of your driving session,
- Instructor´s name and car number. The behind the wheel instructor is responsible for calling and scheduling students to drive.
If you finished the classroom phase at least 6 weeks ago and have not been called to drive, please contact Mrs. Haynes to discuss your situation. If you did not pass the eye exam or get your eyes checked during class, you cannot do the BTW training and will not be called to drive until that is done. Check above to see the eye examination schedule to see when Mr. Broadwell will be scheduled to be on campus.
Behind the Wheel Instructors:
Please be aware that these are the drivers that most likely will be calling you to drive. Each is responsible for creating his own driving schedule, so please work with them when called for BTW instruction. If you are driving during the summer or break, you may be called by other Jordan Driving School personnel.
Ms. Emma Haynes, Lead Driver Education Teacher, car# 145
Mr. Melvin Dove, car# 28
Mr. Joe Johnson, car# 126
Ms. Gina Jones
Mr. Evanstein Montague, car#135
Mrs. Jackie Smith, car# 161
Ms. Emma Haynes
Driver Education Lead Teacher at Enloe High School, Emma Haynes, firstname.lastname@example.org, (919) 856-7892
Instructions For Obtaining A Driving Eligibility Certificate
After recieving a Driving Education Certificate from the Driver's Education instructor, the student may obtain a Driving Eligibility Certificate. The presence of a parent/guardian is not required for the student to obtain the certificate.
Eligibility Certificates are only issued on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Student Services.
Hours are 8:15 AM until 3:15 PM (closed 12 - 1 PM for Lunch).
NO Hall Passes during class periods will be accepted nor will passes be given for students who are late.
NC Legislations and DMV requirements for an Eligibility Certificate
Procedures for Driver Eligibility Certificate Completion and DMV Protocol
Enloe High School
Emma Haynes, Lead Teacher (Driver’s Ed Office (919) 856-7892)
Information for Enloe High School
- School Address 128 Clarendon Crescent, Raleigh, NC 27610
- School Code 920-412
- Telephone Number (919) 856-7918, Fax (919) 856-7917
Students and Parents (VERY IMPORTANT)
- After completing both the classroom and driving phases of driver education, students need to take their driver education certificate to Mrs. Sue Crocker, Student Services, to obtain a Driver Eligibility Certificate. Parents are not required to accompany the student.
- Take the following items with you to Student Services when going to validate your Eligibility Certificate.
- Driver Education Certificate
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of the previous semester’s report card (quarter grades are not acceptable)
- Students must pass 5 of 7 courses at Enloe High School to obtain a validation seal on the Eligibility Certificate. If you fail two or more courses at Enloe High School or you decide to drop out of school before your 18th birthday, you will not get you Driver Eligibility Certificate validated and you will lose your driving privileges if you already have them.
- Certificates are valid for 30 days only. Please submit certificates to DMV before the 30-day deadline.
- Students may obtain Driver Eligibility Certificates during school only on Tuesday and Thursday. Information should be turned in to Mrs. Crocker before school, during lunch or after school. Please contact Ms. Sue Crocker @ SCrocker@wcpss.net for additional information on Driver Eligibility Certificate.
Going to DMV
Please take the following items with you when going to get your Level I Limited Learner’s Permit.
- Driver Education Certificate (White Copy) All Signatures
- Driver Eligibility Certificate—Validated by Mrs. Sue Crocker with School Seal
- Original Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card or Computer generated Copy
- Parent/Legal Guardian
- $15.00 to Pay for Permit
- Proof of Residence
Driver eligibility certificates are validated by Ms. Sue Crocker, Student Services.
Other Questions and Concerns:
Please visit the NCDMV website for driver license information or the Jordan Driving School website, www.jordandriving.com for additional information.